Hey’a! Let’s pretend this is my very first blog post and the cringy previous posts are non-existent. Yeah? Cool. If you haven’t already gone through my blog, I wrote a mini "About Me" section so that it connects you to who I am and why I started this blog. 


Anyway, before I forget to use my thrilling pickup line. “Hi, I’m Rachel.” Thank you for being here. I am beyond grateful that you decided to come over and see what this little page of mine is about. It’s a rollercoaster so I hope you’re buckled up and ready to look at the world through my eyes errrr- words. 


Before we get anywhere, I’d like to share a little background on why I decided to continue with this journey after pausing for almost 3 years!


I tend to start something and shy away from it after a thorough and complete criticism from myself that I am not good enough and that nobody will be interested in whatever I’ve invested my time in. But, towards the end of last year - 2020, I decided to start being very selfish and start putting myself first.


I had been telling myself I am on a journey of self-love for so long but that wasn’t enough because why did I still want validation from people or value their opinions more than mine?  Also, Matthew 22:39 says "... Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." How could I possibly live that out when I didn't love myself?


When 2021 started I had no New Year’s Resolution except to quit my job at the time, go back to school and live life. Did you arch your eyebrow at the last thing I stated? Well, it is true. If I wanted to know who I really was outside of what I was taught and conditioned then I genuinely couldn’t love myself because I didn’t know myself. So a month into the year, I quit my job because of how toxic the work environment was and went back to school. 


So yes, I started my business with my savings. I literally had NO IDEA how to go about this business
(God Bless YouTube!) but I just went for it and here I am. A proud Owner
(and everything in between) of Ray’s Sunflour Treats - a confectionery business. I took a huge leap of faith and switched from being an On-campus student to being an online student. I had no idea what I was doing but I did it anyway. Started being more of a physically present friend, than a phone friend. I could go on and on but you get the gist. 


Self love
Slowly, trying out any idea that I had but felt I wouldn’t be able to pull off. Started looking into my insecurities and dug deeper into why I have those in the first place. Basically, finding the root cause of why that was so. In the end, my happiness was my number 1 priority this year. Sure enough by my 22nd birthday I had conquered so many insecurities and gotten more confident in myself and my brand.

I no longer body shamed myself for my weight, looks, et cetera. No longer thought certain parts of myself or routines were ugly/boring just because social media and people set a standard for what defines those terms. I can now answer questions about who I am, what I like, believe in and all sorts without cowering or shying away.


So we’re finally here, re-enacting my blogger dream. Another leap of faith, but I am fully ready for what the future holds. Totally excited that you get to experience this with me as I head spear into anything that makes me happy and doesn’t hurt me or those around me. 


Anyway, here’s a bunch of random questions I got from some of you on my Instagram polls and some I got from my old blog:


  1. Likes?

  • Myself (extremely hyperbolic about this), My Family, My friends, learning more about God's word, Gospel music, memes, painting, poetry and taking risks.

  • Affirming people. Sign me up for the cheerleading squad because I will definitely clap and cheer for you! I’ll also be thrown out of a building for exaggerated cheers.


  1. Dislikes?

  • Reptiles, Bullies, Open cabinets, Being compared to someone, Having a conversation(electronic) with someone who doesn’t write in full words etc pet peeves.


  1. Good at?

  • I don’t wanna brag haha but I am really really good at annoying people. 


  1. Terrible at?

  • Singing(I love it though)

  • I cannot dance to save my life.


  1. Favorite physical activities to do?

  • Breathing? Jumping to conclusions? Lol…


  1. In your opinion, what’s the worst way to die?

  • Knowing God is real and yet choosing to die without acknowledging that.

  • Dying in pain.


  1. What is the best thing you’ve ever eaten?

  • PROBABLY GOING TO BE MY FUTURE HUSBAND’S MEALS >>>


  1.  Are you spontaneous or more of a planner?

  • I am a certified spontaneous planner.


  1.  Some of your favorite colors?

  • Black. Maroon. Purple. White. 


  1. Smartest thing you’ve ever done?

  • Gave my life to Jesus.

  • Accepting myself and all my flaws. I’m kidding, WHAT FLAWS!? I’m perfect! Self-love 101.


  1.  List of things that you think are overpriced?

  • Hair products (Natural haired girl crying out here)

  • Skincare products

  • Sanitary products

  • Modest clothes

  • Books

Basically, I’m a broke girl. SEND TIPS ON HOW TO BE RICH IN 24HOURS!


  1. Who is the most positively influential person in your life right now?

  • Myself. I amaze myself at how I handle life.

  • Also, my parents. They’re an inspiration. Can someone please offer to write their(my parents) life stories because yerrr! What an awe-stricken journey!


  1. What’s the worst grade you’ve gotten on a test?

  • Can’t remember.


  1. What would your parents have named you if you were a boy?

  • I’m pretty sure I would have been a Jacob, geddit? Rachel, Jacob? haha. Go read your Bible - Genesis 29:9.

Jokes aside – Jacob. 


  1. Do you eat breakfast every morning?

  • No. In fact, I used to skip breakfast more than any other meal before the pandemic. But now, I try to eat it more frequently.


  1.  Have you ever cried over a text?

  • One too many times.


  1.  Does your bedroom have a door?

  • No. I get in through the window. Sometimes I tear the roof apart to get in lol, of course my bedroom has a door.(stolen)


  1.  How is your hair?

  • 4 AB(addie) like that? Pretty natural. (See what I did there? 😂) It's got a mind of its own nowadays, it does what it wants. It also demands the strength of eight men to be combed. If you didn’t get that. My hair is a mixture of hair types.


  1.  Songs you listen to most?

  • I’m a routine girl. Which means I do the same thing over and over until I get tired of it or find something new. So, with songs I can’t choose my favorite because it changes all the time. But in the past year, I’ve abused some of Maverick City, Elevation Worship and Lauren Daigle’s songs. If by now you haven’t realised it, I’m a gospel hun. 


  1.  How do you vent your anger?

  • Face the culprit and give them a piece of my mind OR 

  • Tell my trusted therapists about it aka my besties.


  1.  Are you happy with the person you’ve become?

  • YES! And I love seeing myself grow into this embodiment of strength, love and kindness every day. 


  1.  Can you touch your nose with your tongue?

- If you can, let me know what special things you’ve done since you discovered you have this superpower. 


  1.  What would you want to be written on your tombstone?

“Here lies Jacob. A free-spirited soul that did his best to live life to the fullest. Although most of you knew her as Rachel.” Honestly, I need to revise my humour. 


  1.  If the whole world was listening to you right now, what would you say?

  • “Are you satisfied with who you are when you look in the mirror?”

  • “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. What ground do you stand on?”


  1.  Favorite clothing store?

  • Lol I rarely shop. Emphasis on RARELY.

Don't have a favorite. This explains my fashion style. Non-existent. But… hello Cotton On? I’m coming, my love.


  1.  Do you think you are ambitious?

  • Yes.


  1.  What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?

“Run at your own pace and excel in your lane. We can't all be engineers and doctors - the world needs plumbers and artists too!” – Rachel Mwale, 2018


  1.  What question do you hate to answer?

"Why didn’t you tell me that…?"

Those who needed to know, KNEW. Now slowly let that sink in. 


  1.  Are you pursuing your dreams?

  • I don’t have dreams and that’s okay. I just want to be better than I currently am. I pursue that every day.


  1.  When is your birthday?

  • 12th June. 


  1.  Why have you been gone for so long?

  • God really just shifted everything in my life and my energy, routine and communications skills just changed overnight to accommodate the shift. I apologise to those that woke up one day and I was gone with no explanations. 


  1. Your writing process

  • Hmmm, I wish I had one but I genuinely just write what I think. My writing is a reflection of how I speak. Like the way I’d normally hold a conversation but with ironed creases. 


  1.  How did you become so ambitious and opportunity-ready? What cultivates your work?

  • I don’t want to answer this. It’s going to depress me. But thank you. I’ll probably answer it as a blog post of its own.


  1. Favorite Bible Verse?

  • Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


  1. Favorite Quote(s)?

  • "You may think I'm small, but I have a universe inside my mind."

  • "In order to write about life, first you must live it."


Thank you & God bless you for reading this lonely comeback blog. Would definitely love to hear any feedback. Comment down below or if you’re shy DM me on any of my socials (preferably Instagram, I’m a ghost on the other platforms.) or email me at rachelmwalejc@gmail.com


8 comments

avatar
Sainted_Black

This is it!...... ������

Or rather, This is Rachel...

Or better yet, This Is.

REPLY

17 caught me off guard 😂
Nice one 👏👏

REPLY

Girl, you're hilarious!The worst meal answer got my ribs cracking.🤣🤣🤣

REPLY

Beautiful piece❤explicit

REPLY

Nice one, it's not boring and is full of humour 😂makes you want to read more and more,keep it up🌟👏

REPLY

Great share! Amazing write up. ������

REPLY

I don't read a lot but this definitely had me hooked;lots of humour! I love it, haha.

REPLY

Rachel Mwale . 2021. Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by |